Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Pyrex Files/Standard Patterns

The Pyrex Files/Standard Patterns
I'm always trying to find the name of patterns and this site has a nice start on finding the name of that piece of pyrex you are trying to find. I am always trying to find the name of a piece of pyrex! that I am trying to put in my store. People are always trying to find that replacement bowl or casserole. Pyrex is a newer collectible, it brings us back to the comfort memories - Making oatmeal cookies in the kitchen with Mom, or maybe it was meatloaf - always mixed in one of those pretty nesting bowls! that came in sets of 4. They had pretty names and patterns like butterfly or Colonial Mist, Crazy Daisy, or maybe it was Forest Fancies or Gooseberry. Gooseberry always made me think of picking Gooseberries at my Grandma house on the gooseberry bush by the barb wire fence that was next to the horse pasture. Grandma and I would pick those little berries and make a gooseberry pie, boy that could make you pucker up - but hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream - YUM!
So again, here we are with the memories. It is funny how a piece of glass like Pyrex can conjure up things like Gooseberry Pie at Grandma's or meatloaf that my Mom made that would be a meatloaf sandwich with mustard on it for my lunch at my country school the next day. Comfort Food in comfort glassware. Memories in the Cupboard, from my childhood, yup- Pyrex.

No comments: