Wednesday, March 30, 2005

State Wrestling And Hitting Goodwill

Well last week was a week of getting ready for state kids wrestling in Topeka Kansas and I didn't get much done with my store or anywhere for that matter. It is always fun to go watch your kids do their sports or other activities but in the back of my mind is usually a little voice that says " Hey, I wonder if they have a great antique store or second hand store that I can slip off to between bouts.
I can always find someone who will know where there is a good store to visit. This time was no different. I found a great Salvation Army store just down from the expocenter where my son was wrestling and got a couple fun things there and then on the way home I found the Goodwill store that was just a couple of blocks from my exit to go home. There were a couple great Disney Lithographs I got there, now all I have to do is the research on them.
My family thinks I ought to just go to these events and relax and enjoy them. But for me, they are 10 times more fun if I can sneak away for a few moments and find a few collectible things to take home with me. Besides, it will be another whole year before I get to go to Topeka again, and I you can't miss the opportunity to scavenge the stores in someone elses home town!




No comments: