Friday, August 24, 2007

Butterflies on Cosmos Flowers in Mom and Dad's Garden

We just got back from vacation in Nebraska. It had been a couple of years, since Mom and Dad's 50th Anniversary. It was definitely time to see everyone. We live in Kansas and almost all of our family lives in the Panhandle of Nebraska, and believe it or not, it is a 9 hour drive, sometimes longer with potty breaks. We all got to go, except our oldest, Lacy who is in Georgia going to school (I miss her), but Logan who also is in college made the trip with us. We were packed like sardines in that Mountaineer, but we made it without killing each other. It was a great trip.

The picture is of a butterfly that I just happened to snap of picture of in Mom and Dad's Garden. I think it is spectacular (if I say so myself) and wanted to share it. The day was gorgeous, warm but beautiful. This butterfly flitted in and landed for just a brief moment in time, and then disappeared. Now, when I look at this picture, I think about that wonderful day at the folks'. It couldn't have been any better.

No comments: